Advice for the voluntary and community sector and town and parish councils
We are committed to supporting Warwickshire’s communities through the current coronavirus pandemic.
Warwickshire’s communities are responding brilliantly to the situation, reflecting the strength of our rich, diverse and resilient voluntary and community sector.
Large amounts of volunteers are coming forward and communities across the county are setting up support groups to help ensure that the most vulnerable in our communities have the help they need in these unprecedented times.
To help support this groundswell of activity, we are working hard to provide up-to-date information and advice to voluntary and community groups and town and parish councils.
- Ensuring clear communication channels into town and parish councils and into the voluntary sector so that groups and organisations have the most up to date information about Coronavirus. We are using the communication channels of Warwickshire Association of Local Councils, Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action and the Equality and Inclusion Partnership to circulate information. We are also encouraging people to sign up to our Connecting Communities information service.
- Maintaining links with our partner organisations across the county, including the Borough and District Councils, Health and Police to ensure consistent communication with our communities
- Creating a directory of the emerging community-led support groups so that people wishing to volunteer and those in need of support can access details of where to go
- Searchable directory of current community-led activity across Warwickshire
- Download the current community-led activities across Warwickshire (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- To help us with this, if you are providing community led-support we would be grateful if you could please complete this short questionnaire. Also, if you are aware of any other support groups we would be grateful if you could please send them a link to the questionnaire.
- Developing mechanisms for people wanting to volunteer in an easy and flexible way.
- Providing practical tools for community support groups to use.
Advice to individuals
Warwickshire’s voluntary and community sector support organisations
Support to individuals needing debt, money management and benefits advice
- North Warwickshire Borough
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough and Rugby Borough
- Warwick District and Stratford District
- Support with incidents of hate crime or discrimination
Support to individuals needing housing advice
- Stratford-on-Avon District Council
- Warwick District Council
- Rugby Borough Council
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council
- North Warwickshire Borough Council
Support to town and parish councils
Guidance for accessing public spaces and facilities
Faith settings and places of worship
- The Muslim Council of Britain has issued guidance for mosques, madrasas and Umrah pilgrims.
- The Methodist Church has issued advice on attending church.
- The Church of England has issued guidance for churches.
- The Catholic Church has issued guidance for parishes.
National associations have issued the following guidance:
If you would like any further information, or to let us know about any local community support activity that is taking place within your community, please email us on: [email protected]