Looking after yourself

If you are isolating, vulnerable to COVID-19, or worried about the recent change to guidance which have helped you to feel safe, you can get support by calling 01926 410410.

If you have been identified as clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) please go the following link for the latest government advice.

Things you can do if you are isolating

  • Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media
  • Use phone or online services to stay in touch with friends and loved ones or to contact your GP or other essential services
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
  • Keep windows and doors open for fresh air
  • Look after your body – try to take regular exercise in the home, eat well, and sleep well
  • Take steps to stay well mentally and keep your mind active

Information to keep you healthy and safe

  • Beware of fraud and scams – at home and online: Lots of people are helping friends and neighbours locally but others are taking advantage of the vulnerable at this time. To stay safe, don’t let anyone into your home or hand over money to strangers, don’t respond to information requests by text or email from sources you don’t know and trust.
  • Visit a virtual library: Warwickshire library service is still available to you through BorrowBox a free service which enables you to borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks and music. It works with most digital devices.
  • Information for families: Finding things to do with the family during isolation can be hard so the Family Information Service is coordinating news and resources to help.
  • Mental health: It is important you continue normal life as far as possible so connect with others and carry on doing things you enjoy and take time to relax.
  • Information from the NHS may also help:
  • Someone to talk to: Support is available at this time from counselling services and the voluntary sector for people who need to connect with others and discuss their circumstances. Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action can provide information.

Your councils

Information about council services and support from Warwickshire County Council can be found on this website or via district and borough councils.

NHS Volunteer Responders

Support will continue to be available through the NHS Volunteer Responder Scheme.

NHS Volunteer Responders can support you with:

  • collecting shopping, medication (if your friends and family cannot collect them for you) or other essential supplies
  • a regular, friendly phone call which can be provided by different volunteers each time or by someone who is also shielding and will stay in contact for several weeks
  • transport to a medical appointment.

Please call 0808 196 3646 between 8am and 8pm to arrange support or speak to your health case professional for transport support. A carer or family member can also do this on their behalf.

Health care

Any essential carers or visitors who support you with your everyday needs can continue to visit unless they have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 (a new continuous cough, a high temperature, or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell).

People in the clinically extremely vulnerable group should continue to access the NHS services they need during this time. This may be delivered in a different way or in a different place than they are used to, for example via an online consultation, but if they do need to go to hospital or attend another health facility for planned care, extra planning and protection will be put in place.

Mental health support

It is normal during these uncertain and unusual times to feel anxious or feel low.

Follow the advice that works for you in the guidance on how to look after your mental health and wellbeing during coronavirus (COVID-19).

The Every Mind Matters page on anxiety and NHS mental wellbeing audio guides provide further information on how to manage anxiety.

If you feel you need to talk to someone about your mental health or you are looking for more support for someone else, we would urge you to speak to a GP and seek out mental health support delivered by charities or the NHS.

Income and employment support

For the latest information on income and employment support please go to the government website.