Facing hardship 

People struggling to access food, essential items or pay for energy may need extra support at this time. 

Foodbanks use a voucher referral system for food parcels which contain enough food for at least three days of healthy, balanced meals for individuals and families.  

Call 01926 410410 for help if you don’t know where to turn and need financial or emotional support. 

The Warwickshire Local Welfare Scheme supports our most vulnerable residents at times of unavoidable crisis when they have no other means of help. The scheme provides basic and essential help for food and energy in the form of emergency food parcels or credit for energy. Call 01926 410410. 

Self-isolation payments

All district and borough councils in Warwickshire will be providing self-isolation payments to residents who need financial assistance due to having to self-isolate because of COVID-19. The scheme is for those on low incomes and receiving certain types of benefit, who cannot work from home during self-isolation and will lose income during that time. There is also a small discretionary scheme available for those who do not meet the criteria set out in the government scheme. 

People who have received notification from NHS Test, Track and Trace from 28 September 2020 with a unique 8-digit identifier number and are eligible under the scheme criteria will receive a payment of £500 if they have tested positive for coronavirus and must self-isolate for 10 days, or are a contact of someone who has tested positive for coronavirus and they are told to self-isolate for 14 days. 

For further information please see the website for your district or borough council. 

Support for children and families 

Warwickshire Family Information Service is a friendly team who can offer support on a wide range of everyday family challenges including: 

  • finding childcare and funding options 
  • financial support and housing 
  • new and expectant parents 
  • health and wellbeing 
  • family relationships, conflict and contact 
  • Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) 

Contact us by phone or email 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. For more complex enquiries we can also offer one-to-one support. 


Universal Credit is a government payment to help with your living costs if you’re out of work or you cannot work.  


Benefit claimants should speak to their district or borough council if they need any advice. You can get also information and help regarding benefits by contacting your local Citizens Advice. 

Find out more about Citizens Advice 

More information on debt advice, Universal Credit and help with household bills  

Libraries and registration services 

Libraries are currently open in some areas of the county, but this situation may change. 

Customers who are clinically extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 or those who are isolated can sign up for the library delivery service and ask about extra support on offer. 

If you need to register a birth, marriage or death or would like to plan a ceremony, you can do so online or by contacting 0300 555 0255. Government guidance for ceremonies currently limits guests to 15 for a wedding and 30 for a funeral. COVID-19 alert levels may cause this to change please contact the registration service to confirm. 

Warwickshire Directory

District and borough councils

Girl at a laptopOther useful contacts