Library services from 10 December 2021
All visitors are required to wear a face covering when visiting a library in line with the latest national restrictions.
To keep you and our staff safe we ask that when you visit:
- sanitise your hands
- respect the space of others
Events for children now running in libraries! Limited places available. Booking essential.
Check the library updates page for information about all our services which we are continuing to gradually reinstate.
Visit the library
- visit during opening hours, no appointment required
- browse the shelves to choose your own items
- return your items
- collect requests
- issue books using the self-service machines.
- use a computer/scanner – further information and pre-book to avoid disappointment.
- and more…
From September 2021 collect free COVID-19 rapid lateral flow home testing kits from Atherstone, Bedworth, Coleshill, Leamington, Lillington, Nuneaton & Polesworth libraries. Anyone aged over 18 years old can collect. No appointment is required but please check the opening times of your library.
A limited number of libraries are now offering an appointment only service.
Will library-based activities and groups still run?
We are now able to offer a limited number of bookable events and activities for pre-school and school aged children in many of our libraries. Including Rhyme Time, Lego Club, Book Magic and Summer Reading Challenge events. Find out further information and how to book your place.
Children aged 4-11 years old can sign up for the 'World Wide Heroes' Summer Reading Challenge at their local Warwickshire County Council library. Find out further information and how to book your place.
Our library offers are being reintroduced gradually to keep the community and staff safe. Select your library from this list to find out what is events and activities they are running. Sign up to our newsletter by email.
Online events and activities:
We run fantastic virtual events for children and for adults including Summer Reading Challenge events, author talks and more. Visit Eventbrite for further information and to book your place.
Can I request a book?
To request specific books and items to collect when you visit, please use the online catalogue. The item does not have to be in your local library. Requests are free (charges will apply from January 4 2022). You will receive an automated email or phone call to let you know when your item is available for collection (please make sure Your Account is up to date). Collect during opening times. No appointment required.
- Find out opening times at your local library.
- Use the Help page or Contact us for further assistance.
Can I still use the Staff Select service?
Yes, tell us about the book(s) or type of books you would like to read and we will put together a selection based on your preferences.
Return your Warwickshire Library books to any Warwickshire Library.
Can I renew a book?
- Check the return date and renew your items via your online account or contact us if you have any queries.
- Overdue fines do not currently apply.
Will I be fined?
- Any library fines and charges incurred prior to 24 March 2020 will still be payable.
- Fines and charges are currently suspended.
- Contact us if you have any account queries.
Are there alternative ways to borrow?
Yes, our online library services are available, including:
- eLibrary - eBooks, audio, magazines, newspapers and music,
- eInformation and learning
- Home Learning
- Homework Help
Book a computer
- Pre-book a slot using the online booking service.
- Drop-in computers are subject to availability, ask a member of staff when you visit
- Printing and scanning services are available
Contact us for further assistance.
Can I join the library?
Please complete the online join up form, a library card number and PIN will be emailed to you within a couple of working days, you can use your library card number and PIN to access the online library services and request items. We will post your new card to you as soon as we can – please allow up to 7 working days. Alternatively, Contact us or visit a library where a member of staff will be happy to join you. Please bring one form of ID with your name and address or photo ID.
Home library service
If you are not normally able to visit the library due to ill health or disability and you do not have someone to collect books for you, the library can come to you.
- Visit Home Library Service for more information
Digital Library Support
What library services are available for children and young adults?
- Summer Reading Challenge
- Search the Children's catalogue and reading recommendations
- Search the Young Adults catalogue and reading recommendations
- Home Learning
- Homework Help
Can I use Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi is available at every Warwickshire County Council managed library.
Can I use a photocopier?
Yes. Charges apply.
Can I study at the library?
Study spaces are now available in many of our libraries. To check if your preferred library is currently offering study spaces, please select your preferred library from this list, and scroll down to 'What we offer'.
Spaces are available during opening hours, on a first come first serve basis. Staff in the libraries will be happy to direct you to the available spaces. Please also check the Libraries update page before visiting for the most current rules and guidance about visiting a library.
Can I access the local studies collection (old newspapers, maps or microfilm)?
- Some local studies books and collections can be browsed at our libraries, contact us for further information
- Local Studies books can be requested via the online catalogue.
- Visit the Local Studies page for resources available from home.
Can I request an inter-library loan?
Requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. To speak to a member of staff about your request call 0300 555 8171, or visit your local library. Inter-library loan request charges apply.
Can I donate books to the library?
Sorry, we are currently unable to accept donations.
Can I access the Music and Drama collection?
Contact us at email@example.com or 01926 412 168 for further information.
The reading group service is available. Request a set online from the Reading Group Collection website.
Boxes can be returned to your local library. No appointment is needed.
Any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 555 8171.