Library services from July 19 2021
We are continuing to gradually reinstate our library offer. Read below for further information.
Warwickshire Libraries will continue to keep you and our staff safe. When you visit, we ask you to:
- sanitise your hands
- choose to wear a face covering
- respect the space of others
Visit the library
- visit during opening hours, no appointment required
- browse the shelves to choose your own items
- return your items
- collect requests
- issue books using the self-service machines.
- use a computer/scanner – further information and pre-book to avoid disappointment.
- and more…
A limited number of libraries are now offering an appointment only service.
Can I request a book?
To request specific books and items to collect when you visit, please use the online catalogue. The item does not have to be in your local library. Requests are free. You will receive an automated email or phone call to let you know when your item is available for collection (please make sure Your Account is up to date). Collect during opening times. No appointment required.
- Find out opening times at your local library.
- Use the Help page or Contact us for further assistance.
Can I still use the Staff Select service?
Yes, tell us about the book(s) or type of books you would like to read and we will put together a selection based on your preferences.
Return your Warwickshire Library books to any Warwickshire Library.
Can I renew a book?
- Check the return date and renew your items via your online account or contact us if you have any queries.
- Overdue fines do not currently apply.
Will I be fined?
- Any library fines and charges incurred prior to 24 March 2020 will still be payable.
- Fines and charges are currently suspended.
- Contact us if you have any account queries.
Are there alternative ways to borrow?
Yes, our online library services are available, including:
- eLibrary - eBooks, audio, magazines, newspapers and music,
- eInformation and learning
- Home Learning
- Homework Help
Book a computer
- Pre-book a slot using the online booking service.
- Drop-in computers are subject to availability, ask a member of staff when you visit
- Printing and scanning services are available
Contact us for further assistance.
Can I join the library?
Please complete the online join up form, a library card number and PIN will be emailed to you within a couple of working days, you can use your library card number and PIN to access the online library services and request items. We will post your new card to you as soon as we can – please allow up to 7 working days. Alternatively, Contact us or visit a library where a member of staff will be happy to join you. Please bring one form of ID with your name and address or photo ID.
Home library service
If you are not normally able to visit the library due to ill health or disability and you do not have someone to collect books for you, the library can come to you.
- Visit Home Library Service for more information
Digital Library Support
Will library-based activities and groups still run?
- Children aged 4-11 years old can sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge
- Online, staff are leading events and activities on Facebook and Twitter, including events for children such as Rhyme Time.
All other events and activities:
We are working towards reintroducing events and activities for children and adults in our libraires. We will update this webpage with details so please keep checking here. We will also post updates on Facebook, Twitter and in our libraries.
If you are not already subscribed to our newsletter you can sign up for Library updates.
What library services are available for children and young adults?
- Summer Reading Challenge
- Search the Children's catalogue and reading recommendations
- Search the Young Adults catalogue and reading recommendations
- Home Learning
- Homework Help
Can I use wifi?
WIFI is available at every Warwickshire County Council managed library.
Can I use a photocopier?
Yes. Charges apply.
Can I study at the library?
Study spaces are being reinstated gradually. Contact us for further information.
Can I access the local studies collection (old newspapers, maps or microfilm)?
- Some local studies books and collections can be browsed at our libraries, contact us for further information
- Local Studies books can be requested via the online catalogue.
- Visit the Local Studies page for resources available from home.
Can I request an inter-library loan?
Requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. To speak to a member of staff about your request call 0300 555 8171, or visit your local library. Inter-library loan request charges apply.
Can I donate books to the library?
Sorry, we are currently unable to accept donations.
Can I access the Music and Drama collection?
Contact us at email@example.com or 01926 412 168 for further information.
The reading group service is available. Request a set online from the Reading Group Collection website.
Boxes can be returned to your local library. No appointment is needed.
Any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 555 8171.