In response to the coronavirus pandemic and national restrictions, the Government has announced a new grant support package for businesses that have been impacted or forced to close which are outlined below.
This new support will be administered by District and Borough councils.
For further information including eligibility and how to apply for these schemes, please visit your local district or borough council page:
- North Warwickshire Borough Council
- Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council
- Rugby Borough Council
- Warwick District Council
- Stratford on Avon Borough Council
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)
Businesses mandated to close under current Government restrictions (hospitality, accommodation, indoor entertainment and tourist venues). Grants of up to £1.5k for every 14 day period.
Local Restrictions Grant (Sector)
Businesses mandated to close since 23 March 2020 (e.g. night clubs). Grants of up to £1.5k for every 14 day period.
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
Additional one-off lump sum payment to billing rate authorities for business support activities. Government envisage this will primarily be used for discretionary grants, but can be used for wider business support activities.
Local authorities can determine how much to provide as grants and which businesses to target.
"Wet Pub" grants
New one-off grant of £1k for ‘wet-led’ pubs in Tier 2 and 3 areas missing out on Christmas trade.
Business support measures
The Government has announced a package of measures to support businesses. This includes:
Jobs and recruitment
- the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Kickstart Scheme – grants to recruit young people
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme
- a Statutory Sick Pay rebate for small and medium-sized businesses
- cash grants of £10,000 or £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value of up to £51,000
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- discretionary grants for other businesses with property costs.
The three Government grant schemes, which were administered by the district and borough councils in Warwickshire as the billing authorities, have now closed to applications.
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme including Business Bounce Back loans for small businesses and sole traders
- the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme for medium-sized and larger businesses
- the new Coronavirus Future Fund which will issue convertible loans to innovative companies facing financial difficulties
- a 12-month business rates holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
- a 12-month business rates holiday for nursery businesses
Tax/ Income Support
- the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
- a VAT deferral until 30 June 2020
- income tax deferral for the self-employed until January 2021
To find out more about the Government’s support package, visit the Government’s Business Support pages or contact CWLEP Growth Hub. The Government has also published a new business support finder tool which helps businesses find out what support is available to them.