The Integrated Disability Service (IDS) is a partnership, bringing together professionals from education and health to provide a range of services to support disabled children and young people and their families at home, school and in other settings.
Referrals – How to Refer to IDS
To make a referral, telephone or write to your nearest Integrated Disability Service base.
Exhall Grange Campus
Tel 01926 418282
Fax 02476 368801
Saltisford Office Park
Tel 01926 413737
Fax 01926 742474
One contact opens the door to a range of different teams including:
- The Child Development Service is a multi-disciplinary assessment service for pre-school children who present with features suggestive of an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC). The service delivers assessments, which comply with National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence guidelines, from three bases; Saltisford Office Park Warwick, Lancaster House, Exhall Grange School Campus, Coventry and The Orchard Centre, Rugby.
- The Birth to Three Portage Service providing home-based teaching for babies and very young children up to the age of three.
- The Pre-school Service, who support children in mainstream Early Years’ Settings across Warwickshire.
- The SEN Childcare Service, supporting the inclusion of children and young people with SEN and disabilities up to the age of 18 in a range of childcare settings.
- The Physical Disability Team, which includes Occupational Therapy and Specialist Teachers and an Inclusion Assistant, providing advice and support to ensure that children achieve the greatest possible independence both at home and school.
- The Complex Team, which is made up of staff who work with children with Severe and Complex Needs in mainstream schools.
- The Hearing Team, which supports children and young people with Hearing Loss.
- The Volunteer Team, who work alongside other IDS teams, providing extra support to children, young people and families.