Who gets home care?
Anyone can organise their own home care, and we can work with you to assess your needs.
If you are eligible for funded social care, an appropriate package of care will be put in place. If we have arranged your home care, this will be regularly reviewed and updated accordingly.
You can pay the home care provider yourself directly if:
- you have savings of more than £23,250
- you are a couple with savings of more than £46,500
In certain instances, we might arrange the care on your behalf and you would pay the full cost of your care if you have savings of above.
Organising your own home care
If you are thinking about arranging your own home care it is a good idea to find out more from the agency such as:
- if there are there different rates for weekends/evenings
- if there are there any extra charges such as for the carer’s travelling expenses
- the services they provide
- if anyone will visit you before the service starts
- if you there is an out of hours contact if they do provide a service
- if their carers are trained
- if they take up references for their carers
- if they are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)