About Making Every Contact Count
This page is intended for Public Health professionals.
Making Every Contact Count (MECC) is about making the most of everyday conversations to help people. MECC is an effective and evidence-based behaviour change technique.
Did you know that in Warwickshire:
- one in four people have drinking patterns that could be harmful
- one in four adults are physically inactive
- one in eight adults are smokers
- an estimated 46,000 people aged 16-74 have a common mental health problem
- in 2013, 10.9% of households were considered fuel poor
- according to the 2015-16 Child Poverty Strategy, 14% of all children are living in poverty
- 11% of the population are unpaid carers
- one in six adults have financial worries