Foster carers make a real difference in the lives of children and young people. Warwickshire Central Fostering Services Team aims to provide foster carers with professional training and development opportunities to support them with the children and young people they look after. We aim to provide training at times that fit in with foster carers childcare responsibilities and other commitments foster carers have.
Ideally, Warwickshire prefer foster carers to attend live face-to-face training, as this is both informative and gives carers the opportunity to meet other carers and form local links, but we recognise that people learn in different ways and have other commitments that make attendance at a live course problematic, therefore we offer foster carers the opportunity to undertake some courses via a distance learning option and we have introduced a large number of online training courses.
We are committed to continuing to develop our courses so we can present foster carers with the best training available. We will continually assess our courses to ensure they meet the changing needs of foster carers.
Foster carers complete an evaluation of the training they have attended and this together with the foster carers Annual Performance Reviews enables us to look at areas that need to be improved or developed.
Courses running between now and the end of March are listed in Dates of training courses (PDF, 222 KB) and you can find individual course details, such as times, dates, venues, programmes, etc in the Training and development guide (PDF, 6.23 MB).
You can apply to attend training courses in a number of ways:
- via email [email protected] to The Training Administrator.
- by phone 01926 746956
- via the post (following the three times yearly training updates/invitation)
The following venues are used for training:
- Map for CHESS Centre, Nuneaton
- Map for Bulkington Village Centre
- Map for Northgate House Conference Centre, Warwick
- Map for Saltisford Office Park, Warwick
- Map for Warwick Town Centre
- Map for Kings House, Bedworth
- Map for Sydni Centre, Leamington
- Map for St Michael’s Church, Warwick
- Map for Pound Lane Learning Centre
- Map for Benn Partnership Centre