You can apply to attend training courses either via:
- email [email protected] to the training administrator
- post (following the three times yearly training updates/invitation)
- phone 01926 746956
Foster carers make a real difference in the lives of children and young people. Our fostering services team aims to provide foster carers with professional training and development opportunities to support them with the children and young people they look after. We aim to provide training at times that fit in with foster carers childcare responsibilities and other commitments foster carers have.
Ideally, we prefer foster carers to attend face-to-face training, as this is both informative and gives carers the opportunity to meet other carers and form local links. However, we recognise that people learn in different ways and have other commitments that make attendance at a live course problematic. With this in mind, we offer foster carers the opportunity to undertake some courses via a distance learning option and we have introduced a large number of online training courses.
We are committed to continuing to develop our courses so we can present foster carers with the best training available. We will continually assess our courses to ensure they meet the changing needs of foster carers.
Foster carers complete an evaluation of the training they have attended and this together with the foster carers annual performance reviews enables us to look at areas that need to be improved or developed.
- Map for CHESS Centre, Nuneaton
- Map for Bulkington Village Centre
- Map for Northgate House Conference Centre, Warwick
- Map for Saltisford Office Park, Warwick
- Map for Warwick Town Centre
- Map for Kings House, Bedworth
- Map for Sydni Centre, Leamington Spa
- Map for St Michael’s Church, Warwick
- Map for Pound Lane Learning Centre
- Map for Benn Partnership Centre