Physical activity, nature and families information
Home based physical activity
- Equipment free 10-minute workout videos ranging from bums and tums to cardio specific
- Strength and flexibility plan
- Everyone health YouTube
- Chair-based exercises
- Belly dancing for beginners
- Home workouts are an easy way to help you reach your exercise goals, so give them a go
- Home workout with Kris - This workout routine is ideal for people who might not have taken part in sport or activity for a while and are looking for that first step into getting active again
- Simple exercises for MS - A range of exercises for people with MS. These workouts are designed for different levels of mobility
- Think active - use the power and potential of sport and physical activity to enable future generations to have healthier more prosperous lives. They have brought together activities both indoors and outside
- Sport England - for more home based activities
- Chair-based strength and balance exercises
Physical activity outside
Please remember, if you’re going outside to get fresh air and to be active, you should do so locally, staying close to your home and avoiding places where it may be hard to follow the guidelines. Please always follow the latest official advice on social distancing.
Walking is one of the easiest forms of physical activity, no exercise gear required and completely free. Download the One You app for your free Active 10 walking tracker app.
The Couch to 5k app gives you week by week guidance via podcasts and helps your track your progress.
A walking meditation is designed to bring body and mind in sync while we’re out and about. The Headspace app has exercises, varying from 3 to 10 minutes to bring you into the present moment so that you can better connect with the here and now, wherever you happen to walk.
Warwickshire County Council has no control over the nature, content and availability of the above sites and is merely signposting well-known organisations. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation.
Be at one with nature
- Wildlife Trust - Connect with nature and unwind
- Wild in Action - Ever seen an Osprey, Badger or Peregrine Falcon? Watch the Wildlife Trust webcams
- Woodland Trust - Simple, nature-based activities you can enjoy together at home or in your garden
- RSPB - Want to take part in a Wild Challenge