The Projects Group is part of the Corporate Finance Service in the Resources Directorate undertaking and supporting major corporate projects which have significant risk implications for the Authority.
Our primary function is to provide high quality financial advice and support to Project Managers, Senior Officers and Members on key regional, sub-regional or corporate projects. Such activities include significant partnership working, creation of companies, PPP/PFI, outsourcing/externalisation of services, new ways of working, etc.
Our key objectives are:
- to provide high quality financial advice and support to key Corporate projects.
- to establish, build and maintain effective relationships with current and future internal and external partners.
- to engage with external agencies to provide expert financial advice, funding and support to assist the Authority in the delivery of its objectives.
We are keen to receive feedback on what we have done, learn from other organisations’ experiences and make our knowledge and resources available to others.
What we have done
- Police, Fire Service and Council merger proposals.
- Supported Fire Service Regional Management Board.
- Externalised services – contracted out or business transfers.
- Major service reviews.
- Pay & Conditions Review.
- Major tendering exercises.
- Worked with a variety of public and private sector organisations.
What we are doing
- Waste Sub-regional project.
- Learning and Development Sub-regional project.
- Adult Services – Locality Commissioning & Individual Budgets project.
- PCT Community Services to the Local Authority.
- Externalised services – contracted out or business transfer.
- Support to Total Place project
Please contact us to find out more about our work, to comment on any the projects we have worked on or to discuss any opportunities for partnership working and knowledge sharing.