- Warwickshire Placemaking Fund
A new capital fund is now available for projects within Warwickshire town centres which will enhance, improve, and enliven the town centres across Warwickshire.
In total £134,000 of capital money is available for projects which will:
- create an uplift in the local economy of Warwickshire town centres
- Improve the visitor experience through signage, information, attractions, and interactions.
- Improve working partnerships/networks within the town between businesses, residents and local communities.
- Create or enhance civic (shared) space which will encourage people to stay in town longer, increased community use, increased footfall, or increased spend in the town
- Improve the physical appearance of a town centre.
For a project to apply for the Warwickshire Placemaking Fund you have to upload their project onto the Spacehive and participate in a crowdfunding campaign. The project will then be matched to the Fund if they meet all the basic criteria. We will then be alerted to the project and will carry out an assessment against the key criteria before making a decision as to whether to offer funding towards it.
What is crowdfunding?
A method of funding a project or venture by raising monetary contributions from a large number of people.
Crowdfunding projects can be a powerful way to increase the impact of council spending by combining their funds with cash. They can also combine the skills and experience of individuals and businesses who are also passionate about making a specific project happen, for example (transforming a disused coal line into a public park, a pop-up market in a town or bringing an arts hub to life).