Cycling is a healthy, low-impact exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from young children to older adults. It is also fun, cheap and good for the environment. Riding to work or the shops is one of the most time efficient ways to combine regular exercise with your everyday routine!
But remember to stay safe by following our top 5 tips:
- Plan and prepare route beforehand.
- Ensure your bike is in a safe and good condition
- Wear a correctly fitted helmet that conforms to current regulations, and appropriate footwear and clothing.
- Stay alert and ride decisively, keeping clear of the kerb.
- Always use lights after dark or when visibility is poor.