The following services are now able access PPE via the Government’s PPE Portal:
- Residential social care providers
- Domiciliary social care providers
- Children’s care homes and secure homes
- All special schools and special post-16 institutes
- Community drug and alcohol services
- Residential drug and alcohol services
- Independent sector providers (ISPs) providing NHS services
- Vaccination sites and vaccination centres
- Mental health community care
- Personal assistants (local authority, clinical commissioning group (CCG) commissioned, funded through personal health budgets and self-funded)
- Direct payment recipient or individual employer
- Domestic violence refuges
- Rough sleeping services
- Extra-resident unpaid carers (an unpaid carer who does not live with the individuals they care for)
- Adult social care services that are not registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) - for example, supported living, extra care, and shared lives.
The PPE Portal Customer Services Team is available on 0800 876 6802 from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Please contact them to set up an account if you are not already signed up, or to resolve any issues with the ordering process.
Warwickshire County Council staff, for example, children’s and adult social care teams, will need to follow internal advice regarding ordering PPE.
Advice on the safe use of PPE during a heat wave
Public Health England and Health and Safety Executive have issued the following guidance regarding the increased risk of heat stress while wearing PPE.
You may have also heard concerns regarding hand sanitiser in cars during hot weather. The National Fire Chiefs Council has debunked this myth and offered guidance on the safe use of hand sanitiser in hot weather. You can read this information here: