Here at Warwickshire County Council, we recognise that these times are unprecedented for local businesses. This is why we are putting together guidance for local employers and businesses to get back up and running and operating safely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will be running our own webinars as well as introducing you to webinars operating with local partners that you may find useful to attend. If you are unable to attend, where possible we will put up recordings of these sessions that can be watched at a later date. Please do remember that any guidance would have been given as per the date it was issued so may have been updated.
The Government has issued guidance covering eight workplace settings, which are allowed to be open. These include outdoor environments, construction sites, factories and take-aways, setting out practical steps for these businesses to focus on, which should be implemented as soon as possible. This also includes a printable notice that businesses can display to show they have followed this guidance.
- New guidance launched to help get people safely back to work – 5 Key Points
- Working Safely During Coronavirus (COVID-19) – 8 Guides by workplace
From 10 June, some additional businesses have been allowed to reopen. These include some non-essential retail, for example: Outdoor markets and Car Showrooms. Further businesses classed as non-essential retail will be allowed to open from 15 June. Further details to follow.
From 4 July, we are expecting that businesses in the hospitality and personal care sector will be allowed to resume trading, though it is expected there will be strict guidelines to follow. As soon as we are aware of these guidelines, we will make you aware.
These dates are very much dependent on the infection and mortality rates continuing to reduce, as per the five-point plan put in place by the UK government.
Our most recent webinar, COVID Secure in the Workplace, took place on 20 May but you can watch a recording below. This was a Q&A session with WCC and partners.
- Five top tips for good workplace hygiene and infection control during the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF, 382 KB)
- Click and collect services advice for Warwickshire high street retailers (PDF, 165 KB)
- Return to work guidance from Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce - COVID-19 Recovery Hub
- Health and Safety Executive - Working safely during the coronavirus outbreak – a short guide
- Health and Safety Executive - Social distancing, keeping businesses open and in-work activities during the coronavirus outbreak
- Health and Safety Executive - Risk assessments
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health - Guides: safe shopping, downloadable signage links, food delivery, legionella
This page will be continuously updated as and when we receive new guidance/updates, so please do check back.
Thursday 4 June 10am-11am
ChamberLIVE: Coming out of lockdown: a guide for business with Wright Hassall (CW Chamber of Commerce)