Apply for a school place – moving home

The deadline for primary school application proof of address is

1 February 2019

The deadline for secondary school application proof of address is

31 December 2018


If you are moving home during application, you need to provide proof of the new address:

  • a letter from a solicitor confirming exchange of contracts;
  • a rental agreement for at least six months, signed by tenant and landlord.

If you are returning to a property you already own, you need to provide evidence:

  • of the date that you will resume living there;
  • that you will remain living there;
  • that you have given the current tenants notice, if rented out.

If you will be living with a family member, we will need to see your child benefit book, showing proof of address.

Grammar schools

If you move after registering for the 11 plus and before 30th December you must provide proof of your address. You need two of:

  • utility bill no older than two months (original or printed from pdf);
  • current council tax bill;
  • housing benefits letter.

If you move after 30th December 2017, proof of address will be used to adjust your position on the waiting list.

Apply for a school place – moving home was last updated on November 26, 2018.