No one ever said being a parent was going to be easy. In fact, it is probably the most demanding job you will ever have. In Warwickshire, parents to be, parents, carers and grandparents have access to a variety of parenting advice. Support can be accessed online, face-to-face through informal advice, one-to-one consultations, group programmes and workshops as well as FREE online guides designed to support parents feel more confident across all ages of childhood.
To find more information on all the guides and programmes available, please refer to the relevant pages for the age or needs of your child.
Online parenting guides to help parents feel more confident
There are four guides available:
- understanding your pregnancy
- understanding your baby
- understanding your child
- understanding your teenager
For your free code and to book on a course, visit free online guides for parents.
Parenting workshops available through the Children and Family Centres
Family support workers run a range of face-to-face parenting workshops through the Children and Family Centres. These range from short two-hour workshops on a specific topic, such as managing behaviour, hassle-free shopping and the nurture programme, through to eight or ten-week programmes such as the Malachi Inspiring Futures and Triple P.
- Nurture Programme Workshop - This short two-hour workshop is designed to help parents and carers develop positive and nurturing relationships with their children and with each other.
- Managing Children's Behaviour - Children are rewarding, stimulating and fun but looking after them can be stressful and challenging. This short two-hour workshop focuses on ways to improve children's behaviour to help create a happier, calmer life.
- Malachi Inspiring Futures - A 10-week programme suitable for parents and carers with babies up to children of 12 years of age. The group will look at the daily challenges that relate to behaviour, emotions, communication, relationships, routines and much more.
- Parenting Plus - This is an enhanced eight-week programme for parents and carers of children from 0-12 based around the core principles of the Triple P programme. It allows for more in-depth discussion and includes a range of practical activities you can share with your children.
All of these workshops and programmes give you the chance to meet like-minded parents and carers who may be experiencing similar issues to you. The sessions are free, friendly and informal and you can come on your own or with a partner, friend or relative. There are no facilities for children to attend.
For further advice and to find out what is happening in your local area, you can contact your local Children and Family Centre.
All workshops and programmes are bookable through Eventbrite.
Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P)
Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P) is an online programme for parents of children and young people. There are two programmes, one for toddler to pre-teen and the other for teens.
This programme is offered free to Warwickshire parents. For more information and to get your free booking code please contact the Family Information Service on 01926 742274 or [email protected]
Child accident prevention (CAP) - making every contact count (MECC)
This is a a fully funded three hour course based on Making Every Contact Count (MECC), an NHS designed intervention. Child accident prevention MECC (CAP) was introduced in a response to reduce the total number of accidents in children aged 0 to 5 years old which result in hospital admissions.
For more information about a range of guides and programmes suitable for the ages of your children, or for more information on child accident prevention, please refer to the individual pages listed above.