What is Care Companion?
Launched in 2018 by the University of Warwick, Care Companion is a website designed to support carers of older people in the UK.
The project, which was funded by software developer Global Initiative, was developed by primary care specialists and researchers at Warwick Medical School, GPs, the NHS and local authority managers, with very close involvement from Age UK Warwickshire and carers groups.
Care Companion offers information and support for carers that is personalised to each individual’s unique caring situation. This includes useful articles and forms, an address book with details of local support groups, a journal function for carers to record information, and a to-do list to help manage daily tasks.
Sign up for Care Companion
Follow these simple steps to set up your Care Companion profile
- Fill out the registration form
- After you register you’ll receive a phone call with a unique code that you can use to confirm your account
- Confirm your email address by following the link sent to you via email
- On your first login, you’ll receive a demonstration of all the features
- Complete your profile on ‘My details’ section, so your account is personalised to you and the person you care for.
For further information about Care Companion and to help its future development, please visit the website at www.carecompanion.org.uk