Skills Support for the Workforce
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to up-skill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Serco is a leading provider of public services. Its employment, skills and enterprise business was selected by the Education and Skills Funding Agency to manage the SSW programme in Coventry and Warwickshire, in partnership with Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Serco delivers the training through a network of high-quality local training providers.
- To date, they have supported over 1,500 businesses with training for their workforce and over 6,000 employees have benefited from the service.
- Serco can work with you to develop a bespoke training programme relevant to your needs.
- Co-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and ESFA, you can support your workforce at no extra cost to your business.
Benefits for your employees and business
- Training is tailored to the specific needs of your business
- Can be more cost-effective than hiring skilled employees
- Increases employee confidence, motivation and productivity
- Improves employee loyalty and retention by making them feel valued
- Fully-flexible training; pick full qualifications or mix and match individual units to suit your business
- On-the-job vocational training to meet individual needs; including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning.
- Fully-funded training – no cost to your business or employees
Types of training available
There are two types of available training for eligible businesses:
Basic skills training can be offered to SMEs in any sector. Basic skills training can enhance employee effectiveness and support the competitiveness of your business.
Employees with low level or no qualifications can benefit from the training, which can include:
- literacy and numeracy
- employment skills such as communication and team working
- Vocationally specific qualifications to help them progress to higher levels, allow career progression and drive business growth.
Intermediate and higher level skills
As part of the intermediate and higher level skills training employees will benefit from a wide variety of training courses such as:
- leadership and management
- technical skills training
- higher level skills relevant to your business
Completing the training can help your employees continue to higher level qualifications, take on more responsibility, progress in their careers and help your business grow.
Intermediate and higher level skills training is available for the following priority sectors:
- advanced manufacturing and engineering
Other sectors may be eligible, please contact Serco to find out.
Email [email protected] today for more details and to find out if you are eligible for funded training through SSW.