Getting a DBS check
- The employer is provided with unique login details to the online eBulk system by DBS Direct.
- The employer gives the applicant the login details to complete an online DBS application.
- The applicant must then complete the online application and arrange to meet with the employer to take along the necessary documents proving their identity.
- The employer logs into the online system and inputs details of the documents that have been seen as ID.
- DBS sends a certificate to the applicant. The employer will have to ask the applicant to see the certificate.
If applicants need to run a check on themselves, they can get a ‘basic disclosure’ with details of any unspent convictions. Please refer to the GOV.UK basic DBS check guidance.