Regulatory business service and advice

Business Service Advice

  • Trading Standards advice for businesses

    We cover many topic areas to help businesses comply with the law and work safely.

  • Business licences and permits

    Find and apply for a licence or permit.

  • Calibration service

    Warwickshire Trading Standards calibration laboratory services offer a wide range of calibration and metrological services which are registered to ISO 9001 and UKAS accredited in certain fields.

  • Public weighbridges

    Public weighbridge locations, fees, dimensions, capacity and opening times.

  • Fire, crime and safety legislation

    The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 applies to nearly all non-domestic premises. The main effect of the Order is to ensure a move towards greater emphasis on fire prevention in all non-domestic premises, including the voluntary sector and self-employed people with premises separate from their homes.

  • Dangerous substances notification

    The Health and Safety Executive is the enforcing authority for notification of the storage of dangerous substances and once notified, the Fire Authority is the enforcing authority for the marking of sites with warning signs.

  • Cyber Streetwise – CyberEssentials

    Protect your business against cyber threats.

  • Criminal Records Checks (Warwickshire Vetting Services)

    As an umbrella body, we can perform checks for all organisations, large or small, and across all sectors, private, public and third sector alike. We have fully trained staff providing support and guidance at every stage to ensure that you receive the best customer service along with the fastest possible turn-round of your DBS application.

  • Underage sales

    Warwickshire Trading Standards Service supports the No ID No Sale! campaign which seeks to raise awareness of the minimum legal age for buying age-restricted products.

  • Chemical and hazardous waste disposal

    We can accept small amounts of household chemicals from members of the public, free of charge.

  • Commercial waste

    Commercial waste is defined as waste from premises used wholly or mainly for the purposes of a business.

  • Agricultural waste

    Waste that is produced in the course of work on land used for agriculture is classified as agricultural waste.

  • Residential care and nursing care premises

    The Care Quality Commission is an independent regulator of Health & Social Care in England with responsibility for approving and granting registration to persons or organisations providing or managing social care services, children’s services and independent health care establishments.

Regulatory business service and advice was last updated on February 9, 2017.