On 23 June 2016, a majority of UK voters voted that the UK should leave the European Union.
Leaving the EU means a number of changes that will affect businesses and individual citizens.
If you are an individual, family or a business, please visit GOV.UK - get ready for Brexit for information and advice on how to prepare for the UK leaving the European Union.
EU Settlement Scheme - Continue to live in the UK after it leaves the EU
If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status.
You may be able to stay in the UK without applying - for example, if you’re an Irish citizen or have indefinite leave to remain.
The EU Settlement Scheme is open. You can apply now if you meet the criteria.
The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.
Which status you get may depend on when you apply.
If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, you will need to be living in the UK before it leaves the EU to apply. The deadline for applying will be 31 December 2020.
The following sites may be of use to Warwickshire businesses:
- Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce – business Brexit toolkit
- Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce - Brexit briefing webinars
- Coventry and Warwickshire LEP – Brexit guidance and business support
- Brexit health check for businesses
- Department for International Trade - Brexit workshops
The community leaders toolkit equips community groups with the right tools and information to support EU citizens and their families to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
There are a number of Brexit Readiness Events coming in the following week. The following events are available for businesses in Warwickshire and Coventry:
- Brexit Resilience Roundtable: Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering – Friday 18 October
- Meet the Expert – Friday 18 October
- Brexit Workshop for Business Advisers & intermediaries – Tuesday 22 October
- Business Brexit Briefing – 24 October
- Brexit Resilience Roundtable: Transport & Logistics – Friday 25 October
- Meet the Expert – Friday 25 October