The historic town of Warwick will provide the backdrop to the Commonwealth Games Road Races. Held on public roads, this is an event that takes the Games to the very heart of local communities.
The Road Races represent a fantastic opportunity for spectators to watch the Commonwealth Games – for free!
- The Road Races start and finish on Myton Road, near Myton Fields and Warwick School.
- The Road Races are held on public roads in and around Warwick. The majority of the course is completely free for spectators, and there is no need to have a ticket. However, a ticket will be required to watch from or near the official start/finish area.
- Apart from the start/finish area, spectators can watch the Races from any point along the course, inside or outside the town centre.
- Those wishing to soak up the atmosphere will also be able to do so from one of two festival sites, located at the Pump Room Gardens in Royal Leamington Spa and at the Market Square in Warwick. Both festival sites are free to attend.
- View the route map.
Travel and parking
- We are encouraging spectators to use public transport or active travel wherever possible. If you do need to travel by car, we recommend that you pre-book a parking space. There will be limited car parking available for those that turn up on the day of the Races without a booking.
- Residents and businesses will not have access to closed roads until the closures have been removed. Please see the road closures page for further details about road closures.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained with marshalled pedestrian crossing points located along the course.
- Secure, stewarded cycle parking will be available in locations around the course.
- Further travel information is available on the Commonwealth Games travel pages.