This UKATA certified asbestos awareness fulfils the legal requirement for those who are liable to come into contact with asbestos at work, or who supervise those who do, such as:
- demolition and construction workers
- general maintenance staff
- electricians and plumbers and gas fitters
- painters and decorators,
- joiners and roofers and plasterers
- shop fitters
- heating and ventilation engineers
- telecommunication engineers
- computer and data installers
- fire and burglar alarm installers
- architects and building surveyors and other such professionals.
The Regulations’ Approved Code of Practice also recommends that a refresher course be undertaken at least once a year.
The course is also invaluable to anyone who needs an understanding of the dangers of asbestos and associated procedures to prevent exposure, including individuals who manage asbestos in buildings.
More information and information on a local training provider can be found on the UKATA website.