Timetable for entry in September 2021
|Stage of process||Date|
|Primary school application period starts||7 September 2020|
|Closing date for applications||15 January 2021|
Extended closing date for families moving into, or within, Warwickshire
The child must be living in the new property by this date and sufficient documentary evidence received by the Admissions Service
|1 February 2021|
|National Offer Day||16 April 2021|
|Deadline for accepting the offer||30 April 2021|
|Deadline for submitting appeals||18 May 2021|
|Appeal hearings for appeals submitted on time||June and July 2021|
|Autumn term starts||1 September 2021|
The closing date to make your child’s primary or infant school application is 15 January 2021.
Late applications will not be processed until after National Offer Day (16 April 2021). By this time, many of the more popular schools may be full and you are much less likely to be offered a place at your preferred school.
If you have an email address, the easiest way to apply for school places is online.
- Log in to the Parent Portal or create an account if using it for the first time.
- Enter your details (new accounts only)
- A verification email will be sent to in your inbox - click the link and log in (new accounts only)
- Add your child’s details.
- As proof of address, upload a copy of one of:
- Council Tax bill for the current financial year
- utilities bill within the last three months
- car insurance policy
- home insurance policy
- signed and dated tenancy agreement
- latest mortgage statement
- Select your preferred schools and upload any supplementary information forms or certificates required
- Click the submit button.
You will receive your child’s school offer via email on 16 April 2021.
What is classed as my child's home address?
- If at all uncertain, you should read the Warwickshire County Council 2021 entry Admission Arrangements to confirm what we mean by a child’s home address.
- Using a fraudulent address can lead to an application being withdrawn, an offer being withdrawn, or even removing the child’s place once they have started at a school
- If your child lives at more than one address, then you must agree on an address to use on their primary/infant school application.
- Once you have submitted the application you will not be able to make any changes.
- If you move house at any point during the admissions process then you must tell us.
Your school preferences
- You can apply for up to six schools.
- Name the schools in your order of preference but be aware that you could be offered a place at any of the schools you apply for.
- Think about how your child would get to those schools and get home, as well as the costs involved in travelling.
- We strongly advise you to name more than one school on your application. Naming only one school does not guarantee your child a place at that school or give your child priority for a place over another child.
- We recommend that one of the six schools you name in your preferences is your priority area school.
Of those who applied for Reception places in 2020, some could not be offered any of the schools named in their application. Many only listed one school or did not apply for their priority area school. In such cases, the Admissions Service allocates a place at the nearest school to the applicant’s home address which has availability, which may be a significant distance away.