Based on evidence, analysis and a clear understand of the key issues and opportunities in Warwickshire’s economy and the needs of our local businesses, we will develop, shape and inform relevant strategies, policies & funding programmes; and undertake activities and initiatives that add value to existing provision and will help grow the economy to the benefit of all our residents.”
Purpose & Priorities
1) To be the centre of knowledge and expertise on Warwickshire’s economy – maintaining data, undertaking research & analysis, engaging and collating business needs and issues, understanding and communicating information and analysis on the economy.
2) Develop, shape and inform strategies, policies, funding programmes, initiatives and key projects to ensure that they best meet the needs and issues of Warwickshire’s economy.
3) Strategically manage (and where appropriate deliver) key projects and initiatives that support and facilitate the growth of Warwickshire’s economy
4) Promote Warwickshire as a great place to start, locate and build a business.
5) Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders, including the Coventry & Warwickshire LEP.
6) Maximise the impact and effectiveness of our Business Centres to support local economic development, and maintain and where possible increase income levels.
The Group is comprised of staff from a wide range of disciplines to help understand, promote and support the local economy. Key functions include: