A range of workshops and one-to-one coaching, the support is funded by the European Regional Development Fund on behalf of Warwickshire County Council.
These workshops are currently funded therefore there is no cost to attend.
Warwickshire Business Start-up Support
Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce have been awarded, by Warwickshire County Council, to deliver a start-up support service across the whole county of Warwickshire:
- Leamington Spa
The service includes a range of workshops and one-to-one coaching; the support is funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
A number of workshops are being run around the county to provide you will help and advice on starting your business. Full details of the workshop programme please be on the Chamber of Commerce web-site
For further information about the service please contact: Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce 02476 654321
Inclusive Enterprise Programme
CWRT are working with Warwickshire County Council to deliver a package of pre-start engagement and specialist business support for clients in Nuneaton and Bedworth who experience barriers to enterprise.
Participants will be offered:
- Personal mentoring,
- Confidence-building workshops,
- Personal skills assessments,
- Basic business workshops,
- Financial literacy workshops,
- and signposting to other appropriate agencies.
We also work in partnership with Coventry and Warwickshire Reinvestment Trust to deliver a small business loan scheme. There is also a range of other financial support available. See our Business grants, loans and finance page.
We can provide information sheets on all aspects of starting and running a business including business types and sectors, legal and tax issues and other essentials, please see documents and downloads on the right.
These organisations can also offer support:
- University of Warwick Science Park Business Support – University of Warwick Science Park can assist professional managers & technical people to start their own business Business Life
- Prince’s Trust – Are you aged 18-30, unemployed, have an idea for a business but can’t raise all the cash you need? Start-up support from The Prince’s Trust could help you get up and running.
- Business Centres – Warwickshire County Council provide over 200 individual units, situated throughout the county. These units are available on flexible terms – either a 28-day licence or a 3 year business lease.
Finally, there are also other resources available.
- Cobweb information on start-up business – Cobweb is a resource for starting and running a business.
- Starting Up – Advice on all aspects of starting up a new business from naming your company, to understanding the European market.
The scheme is for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, not for profit and other community based organisations who are based or operate mainly in Coventry & Warwickshire. The scheme is generally for businesses that have been unable to secure sufficient funds through other sources.
The County Farms and Smallholdings estate holds a significant presence in Warwickshire’s rural communities, extending to over 2,000 hectares (5,000 acres), including forty-six fully equipped farms.