Child Car Seats
It’s never too early to begin thinking about road safety for you and your baby/child. Below are details of useful resources relating to buying and fitting child car seats
To check that your child car seat is fitted correctly, we run annual car seat clinics around Warwickshire during October. Please check local press for details.
It is important for parents to talk to their children about road safety at all times throughout their school years. Follow these simple tips to help you ensure your child remains safe and develops good road sense and traffic awareness skills.
Every year children are hurt on or near roads. There are lots of things you can do to help keep yourself safe. Here are some of the main points that will help you:
- Think hard about where you are going and how you are going to get there.
- Think about using safe crossing places such as pelican crossings.
- Always stop, look and listen and think before crossing a road.
- Never cross if you are not sure it is safe.
- Wear a cycle helmet when you are on your bike and try to make yourself visible by wearing something bright – even in the summer.
- Always wear your seatbelt, no matter how long or short your journey is. If the driver is going too fast (especially if above the speed limit), ask them to slow down! Do not distract the driver.
- Don’t be distracted by your mobile phone or music device.