Having a baby is a major life-changing experience. If you are expecting a baby or you have recently become a parent, the websites and services listed below will give you support and advice to help mums and dads-to-be through pregnancy and birth and new parents through the early days of parenthood and beyond.
Advice for parents to be and new parents
- NHS Pregnancy Care Planner – contains all the information you need to know to have a healthy and happy pregnancy and to make sure that you get the care that’s right for you.
- Midwives Online – gives a wide-range of information for anyone thinking of starting a family or who are already on the pregnancy journey. All the information on this site has been put together by qualified, professional midwives and health visitors.
- Healthvisitors.com – Written by qualified, professional health visitors, this site provides information on a wide-range of topics including health, behaviour and development issues for the parents of infants and children up to 5 years old.
- National Childbirth Trust – is a leading UK charity which provides mums and dads with relevant information, advice and support to help mums and dads through pregnancy, birth and the early days of parenthood.
- Bounty – is the pregnancy, baby and parenting club for mums to be and new mums. Their website provides information, news and advice on pregnancy and being a parent and you can share experiences, meet other parents and discuss pregnancy, babies and children through Bounty’s chatroom forums.
- Registering a Birth – information on when, where and how to register a baby’s birth in Warwickshire and details of the information the Registrar will need from you.
- Askbaby.com – gives advice, support and information on everything that you need to know about getting pregnant, being pregnant and your baby during their first year of life and beyond.
- Gov.uk – Financial help available if you are expecting or bringing up children – gives information on benefits and allowances that you may be entitled to if you are expecting or bringing up children.
- Dealing with Postnatal Depression – provides advice and support on how to deal with the baby blues and postnatal depression.
- The Breastfeeding Network – aims to be an independent source of information, advice and support for breastfeeding women and those thinking of breastfeeding.
- Cotton Nappies – Everything you need to know about using cotton nappies.