The nationality checking service (NCS) is a way of submitting an application to become a British citizen.
The service includes:
- checking your application form has been correctly completed
- copying and certifying all relevant supporting documents so that you can keep your originals, such as passports, marriage certificates and Life in UK test.
- submitting your application by secure post to the Home Office
This will not ‘fast track’ your application or guarantee that the Home Office will approve your application. The Home Office deals with each application on its own merit.
Joint citizenship and passport application service (JCAP)
From 11th April 2016 you will able to apply for your UK passport at the same time as your citizenship application. This easy, efficient service has been developed in partnership with the Home Office. If your citizenship application is successful and a ceremony is attended, your new passport will be dispatched to your home. The service costs an additional £10.00. Passport application forms are available at your local post office.
Please ONLY complete the sections highlighted below:
- Complete sections 1,2,3,4,6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. You do not need to complete section 10 or have the two photographs certified as details of referees will be collected as part of your citizenship application.
- The photographs you submit with both applications must be identical (ie. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the passport application guidance. Your name should be written on the back of the photographs.
- Section 1 – If any applicant is within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of the application, they must attend the appointment in person.
- Section 2 – Do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2, it must be entered in section 8 instead.
- Section 4 – Grandparents’ details are not required.
- Page 25 of the “Applying for a Passport” guidance booklet – The payment mandate on this page must be completed. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box and please DO NOT complete the barcode box on the top of this form.
You will need to complete the form in full and bring it with you to your NCS appointment together with the completed mandate and the envelope.
Fees from 1st April 2016 – 31st March 2017
- Adult – £70.00 (+£10.00 for JCAP)
- Children under 18 – £50.00 (+£10.00 for JCAP)
Booking an appointment
You will need an appointment to use this service. Please telephone 01789 294293 and leave your details. Appointments are available at:
- Warwick – Monday and Friday
- Bedworth – Tuesday and Wednesday
An advisor will call you to book an appointment. You must have your credit or debit card details ready. On the day of the appointment applicants will need to bring:
- completed application forms;
- all original supporting documents.
Application forms and guidance
Please complete and bring a completed form for each applicant:
- Adult – Gov.UK – AN Form for Adult Applications
- Children under 18 – Gov.UK – MN1 Form for Child Applications
Home Office fees
Knowledge of Life and Language Requirements(KOLL)
All applicants must check that they meet the new requirements for Knowledge of Life and Language. You will need to meet both Knowledge of Life in the UK and have a ‘Knowledge of Language’ qualification. Further information:
Please ensure that you check your eligibility for applying before booking an appointment.