Essential work to upgrade our library systems will mean some online services will be unavailable from Monday 4th until Thursday 7th December.
To use our available services, borrow books and use library computers for free, please bring your library card with you.
Systems and services affected
You will not be able to do the following online during this time:
- Renew – no fines will be charged for the four upgrade days;
- Request items – visit your local library to request an item. Charges may apply;
- Join – visit your local library for a paper application form;
- Search library catalogue – you can still borrow books from the library;
- Book a computer- you can use a computer by asking a member of staff. If you are a library member please bring your library card or your library card number;
- Read newspapers online with Press Display;
- Talk to staff using the ‘Ask a Librarian’ chat service;
- Request Reading Group Collection titles.
Borrowing and returning library items
You can still borrow and return books at your library. However, you will not be able to renew items or make payments using the self-service machines.