The Integrated Disability Service (IDS) is a partnership, bringing together professionals from education, social care and health to provide a range of services to support disabled children and young people and their families at home, school and in other settings.
One contact opens the door to a range of different teams including:
- The Child Development Service providing a co-ordinated, multi-agency assessment and follow up services to pre-school children with complex needs.
- The Birth to Three Portage Service providing home-based teaching for babies and very young children up to the age of 3.
- The Pre-school Service, who support children in mainstream Early Years’ Settings across Warwickshire.
- The SEN Childcare Service, who support the inclusion of children and young people with SEN and disabilities up to the age of 18 in a range of childcare settings.
- A Social Care Team of dedicated Social Workers and Family Support Workers, providing services to disabled children and young people aged birth to 18 and their families.
- The Physical Disability Team, which includes Occupational Therapy and Specialist Teachers and an Inclusion Assistant, who provide advice and support to ensure that children achieve the greatest possible independence both at home and school.
- The Autism Team, including specialist teaching staff, Inclusion Assistants, a Youth Worker and Flexible Learning staff.
- The Specific Language Disorder Team, which provides an outreach service to all mainstream schools and also has staff in six bases in mainstream primary schools.
- The Sensory and Complex Team, which is made up of staff who work with children with Complex Needs in mainstream schools and children with a Visual Impairment and Hearing Loss.
- The Volunteer Team, who work alongside other IDS teams, providing extra support to children, young people and families.
Parent and Carer Participation in Warwickshire
Family Voice Warwickshire – parents and carers working together.
Family Voice Warwickshire is a group of parents and carers that meet regularly to discuss the support and services that Warwickshire families receive. We act as advocates for families of children with disabilities throughout the county, liaising directly with Warwickshire County Council to ensure that the family perspective is represented.
We welcome you as Parents and Carers to attend our Forum meetings throughout the county because we very much want to hear your voice.
Meetings are held monthly throughout the county.
So, if you have any questions or queries regarding services within Warwickshire please feel free to contact us on:
07599 970 300
We truly believe ‘Working together,we make a difference.’
Your opinion matters…
We endeavour to feedback your comments to the council and to the service providers involved in the care and support of our children.
Our aim, through participation, is to help shape the services that our children need.
or find us on Facebook as Family Voice Warwickshire
Referrals – How to Refer to IDS
To make a referral, telephone or write to your nearest Integrated Disability Service base.
Our Contact Details
Exhall Grange Campus
Tel 01926 418282
Fax 02476 368801
Saltisford Office Park
Tel 01926 413737
Fax 01926 742474