The safety and welfare of children and young people, or child protection means protecting children from physical, emotional and sexual abuse and neglect.
Child protection is everybody’s business. The links listed below will provide you with:
- the contact details of Warwickshire’s Children’s Teams
- child protection resources from the Warwickshire Safeguarding Children’s Board (WSCB)
- specific information and resources for education professionals
- specific information and resources for health professionals
- information about child protection training courses
Child protection referrals
The Warwickshire Safeguarding Children Board’s Do you have concerns about a child? web page provides you with a step-by-step guide of what to do and what happens next if you need to make a child protection referral.
Useful child protection links
Information and advice on: adopting a child, fostering a child, protecting children, children in care, disabled children, carers and family support and youth offending service.
Provides access to the wide range of information and resources available to you through the Warwickshire Safeguarding Children Board.
If you are currently working with children or vulnerable adults, you will need to register with the Vetting and Barring Scheme by July 2015. This link provides further details about the scheme and how to register for it.
If you are currently working with children or vulnerable adults, you will need to register with the Vetting and Barring Scheme by July 2015. This web page attempts to answer any questions that you may have about the scheme.