Warwickshire’s specialist domestic violence and abuse services are delivered by Refuge.
Refuge deliver open access advice, information and support for anyone concerned about domestic violence and abuse in the county. Services they provide include:
- Outreach support, drop-ins and group work programmes
- Specialist advocacy for high risk victims of domestic violence and abuse
- Specialist support for male, BME and LGBT victims
- Management of the Sanctuary Scheme
- Coordination of Warwickshire’s MARACs (Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences)
- Refuge accommodation for women that need to escape domestic violence and abuse on an emergency basis
Sexual violence is an under reported crime both locally and nationally so agencies in Warwickshire and Coventry want to make it easier for more people to come forward and seek support to help them move on from the experience.
The regions’ new Blue Sky Centre is a facility to support anyone affected by sexual assault in Coventry and Warwickshire. Developed by public services including police, health and local councils, it offers a wide range of support to meet local people’s needs by making services accessible and appropriate to diverse communities.