Warwickshire businesses are advised to warn their staff about unexpected phone calls from people using unscrupulous methods and high pressure sales techniques to sell 'staff training courses'. The callers phone the business and attempt to get the call recipient to agree to buy a staff training package, even if the member of staff is not authorised to make contracts on behalf of the business. Phone calls are recorded to prove that a verbal contract was made. Some businesses have even reported being chased for money when they only asked for more information!
Businesses that have attempted to cancel are then charged half the cost of the course as a cancellation fee.
- Make a scam/rogue trader complaint to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506.
- Warwickshire Trading Standards Website Facebook Twitter
- Sign up to scam alerts at www.warwickshire.gov.uk/scams
- Avoid rogue traders. Use Warwickshire Trading Standards No Rogue Traders Here approved trader scheme
- Please feel free to pass on or re-publish this email alert